Vagrant Muse

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Wow. Four months. For hellish months, in some ways.

Edinburgh, by the way, was fantastic, even though I had seven stitches in my back - not the most comfortable car journey ever.

Then, after that, I got news. Or rather, I didn't. An indeterminate result meant I had to go back in and have a deeper excision, and fifteen stitches this time, and it was almost the end of November by the time I finally got an all clear.

Two examinations and two assignments in that time mean that, despite the considerate feelings of the Open University, I'm not likely to get a 2:1 or a 2:2 any more. I might struggle, depending on the project this year, to get a third. Still, I'll have passed - I am going to pass!

And, as if that weren't enough, I changed jobs. The guy that got the job I went for was promoted fairly quickly to take over the day-to-day running of the place, and... I didn't get anything. So I'd had enough, frankly. I looked in the jobs pages, found something I thought I could do (didn't have all the qualifications it was looking for, but I could do the work) and applied.

Two interviews later, and despite my worries, I got it. I've been here two months now, and it's quite a challenge - an enjoyable challenge, but a challenge. Commuting an hour to an hour and a half each way is a pain, but we're planning to move out this way next year, so it won't be too long.

So that's where we are now: I'm healthy (or at least, as healthy as I was, even if I've let the fitness slip a lot lately), I'm gainfully employed, and I'm back to writing. I missed NaNoWriMo, unfortunately, but by next year I should be better practiced anyway.

Life is, for the first time in about six months, good again.

M

1 Comments:

  • Hello Moghal, it's good to see you back writing, even if it's in your blog. Long time no see, and happy new year! All the best for 2007.

    By Blogger Alan Howard, at Wed Jan 10, 06:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home